Monday, September 7, 2009

Back from the Beach

So, I am back from the Namibian Coast. It was so nice to be in a place where there were clouds. I know that sounds funny, but I have had nothing but sunshine all day, everyday for three weeks, so it was nice to be somewhere with a little cloud coverage.

I went surfing for the first time!! It was probably not the best place for beginners but it was still pretty fun. I did see a sea lion about five feet away, and there was a dolphin about 5 meters behind me. I did not see it and that was probably better because I probably would have fallen off the surf board. There was also a shark that breached about 50 meters from where we were. That is when I was done and I got out. But the other two were soon to follow.

It really was fun. I can't wait to go back to the beach in the summer when it is warm. I didn't take a lot of pictures, because I really just relaxed - read some books, and watched two movies at the movie theater.

It was a great weekend. Happy Labor Day to everyone in the States, I miss you all!!! I am headed back to Cape Town on Wednesday, to get my VISA taken care of. Hopefully, it will be very simple and won't take too long.

Have a great night..

Sarah

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad you had a little vacation :) And I'm really glad you got out of the water!!! Sarah you are amazing, your love of life and energy pours off the page and is a blessing to me. Thank you so much for sharing your trip with us. God Bless you, keep you, and may all things work together for your VISA. I Love you , Love Mom

    ReplyDelete