Sunday, September 13, 2009

Yesterday was Awesome




So I am back in Cape Town for a week and a half, and then I go back up to Namibia for a training, then back to Cape Town for two weeks were we hope I get my VISA processed by then. The policy in Namibia is really tight and so we are having to coordinate everything very carefully.

Currently I am staying in the intern house in Cape Town and it is really fun to be surrounded by people I know. But yesterday they went and did an activity and I stayed home; it was wonderful. I watched a movie and then ran on a path right next to the ocean. It was AMAZING. Also, in Namibia I am at a fairly high elevation and I struggle with my asthma, so it was pretty nice to be here and breathe normally (or as normal as I do breathe).

Then I took a shower and walked the other way down the path of the beach. That is where I took all of these pictures. It is literally like a two minute walk from the intern house. Needless to say the house is in prime location.


One of the funniest things on my walk was when I fell. I stepped on a spot where the waves come up over the rocks. It was really funny and my knee is a little tender, as well as the tip of my pointer finger (which is cut fairly badly). It was Awesome, and only this little girl saw me do it, so that made it even funnier.


Then we went and had a girls night, where all of the girls in the house went out to dinner. It really has been a great couple of days. I will be working a lot in the office to get things ready for the training we are running on the 22nd.... but that will be really fun !!!
Also, the internet connection is so great here that I have got to have some good phone calls with my mom, Doug and Debbie Moye, and Aunt Roberta. It has been great to talk with them!!!
I miss you all!!
Sarah





1 comment:

  1. I love the refreshing picture of the coastline in Cape Town! Enjoy your couple of days in the city! Thank you so much for showing us all a picture of what your life is like in Africa. You are loved and appreciated so much... here and there :)
    Love Mom

    ReplyDelete